The unit heater is a type of ambient heating system with a simple structure that consists of several coils and a fan that in the cold days of the year, by using hot water or steam, heats the home. Hot water or steam pump inside the coils, then the air is passed through the coils by a fan, And as a result, its temperature will increase. After that, the air is blown into the environment and causing the hall to heat up. Hot water is usually produced by a boiler or package.
The main application of the unit heater is for heating sports and industrial halls and workhouses. The direction and amount of hot airflow in the unit heater can be adjusted and controlled manually or automatically.
To selecting the optimal and suitable unit heater, the thermal load of the environment must calculate by engineers.
To calculate the approximate heating required for the hall to install the unit heater based on the temperature conditions of the geographical area, dimensions, and type of usage of the hall space, the type of materials used in the construction of the hall, etc. Consider a heating capacity of about 250 to 400 BTU per hour.
For more detailed information and free consultation, you can contact Damatajhiz Collection.
Unit Heater components
• Cube-shaped body of the device, which is usually made of steel sheet.
• hot water or steam coil set with heat exchange fins that transfer heat energy from water or steam entering the unit heater to the air.
• The electric motor is responsible for moving the fan and can be used as a single or double-speed electric motor based on the design and construction of the factory.
• The axial fan, which is the ventilation fan of the unit heater, receives air from the back of the device, passes it through the coils and heat exchangers of the hot water or steam, and then it blows the hot air from the outlet of the unit heater to the hall.
• Air conduction blades that are installed in the outlet of the unit heater and can direct the hot air to the hall.
Advantages of the unit heater
Here are some advantages of unit heater:
- No need for an independent heating system and direct flame and therefore no need for a chimney
- High thermal power
- Better distribution of hot air
- Can be used with all kinds of heating packages and boilers
- Occupies less space than other heating systems
- Possibility of installation both ceiling and floor
Disadvantages of the unit heater
Unit heaters also have their disadvantages which you should know something about it:
- Its plumbing design must be inverted.
- (Noisy) 80db for high-speed models that are suitable for use in non-personnel warehouses.
- Due to the high temperature of the exhaust air, it can’t be installed at low altitudes.
- Before installation, it is necessary to arrange the equipment to select its exact location.
- require to wash the fan blades with a water jet once a year to maintain efficiency.
Different types of unit heaters
Unit heaters are classified as follows:
1- In terms of intermediate fluid: In terms of energy transfer fluid, unit heaters divide into three types: water, steam, and electric.
2- In terms of fan type: In terms of fan type used, unit heaters classify into axial and centrifugal impeller types that sell in the market with 900 RPM (low speed) and 1450 RPM (high speed).
3- In terms of installation location: Based on the installation location, the unit heaters divide into two types:
- Ceiling unit heaters
- floor unit heaters
In the ceiling type, the airflow is horizontal or vertical.
As well as in the floor type, the device is installed on the ground and the air is directed to the desired location by conductors.
4- In terms of components order: In terms of the order of the components, the unit heaters divide into two categories:
- Suction type: In this type of unit heater, the coil is placed before the fan, and the air is sucked from the coil by the impeller. In this type of unit heater, the heater fan heats up.
- Type of blower: In this type of unit heaters, unlike the suction type, coils are placed after the fan, and then air is blown on the coil by the fan.
How to choose a unit heater
Here are some important points to consider when purchasing a heater unit:
1. Before choosing the heating capacity, aeration volume, and engine power of the unit heater, you must first pay attention to the type of heating fluid (hot water or steam) and how the unit heater is located (wall or ceiling).
2. Due to the loud operation of the unit heater’s fan at 1400 rpm, it is better to order a two-speed or 900 rpm engine with more heating capacity when selecting the required unit heater.
3. For cold areas, for each cubic meter of hall space in one hour we need about 400 btu and for more temperate and tropical areas, for each cubic meter of hall space per hour, we should consider about 250 btu heating.
You can find more information on the reference site and store of Damatajhiz at damatajhiz.com/en.
Purchase order and warranty of the Damatajhiz
In the reference site and authentic store of Damatajhiz, technical information and guaranteed prices of dozens of unit heater models, from reputable brands with the main guarantee, have been provided for you dear ones to enjoy a good sense of optimal and intelligent purchase. The prices of all unit heaters offered in the Damatajhiz collection are up to date, and the discounts desired by consumers include in these prices.
Also, the Damatajahiz collection is a designer and manufacturer of different types of unit heaters and other heating and cooling equipment. Our products are designed and manufactured according to the standards of the day and are sold directly from the factory at a reasonable price.
For more information about different types of Damatajhiz unit heaters and to Find out their features, and also inquiring about the prices, refer to our website at https://damatajhiz.com/en and contact our experienced consultants in the Damatajhiz collection.